Monday, February 1, 2010

Sleep...Leander Child & Portrait Photographer

Sleep, beautiful sleep!! Last night, Aubrey slept from 9:00 PM to 4:30 AM. I know that might not sound too special, but let me tell you - it is an AMAZING thing! My sweet little angel hasn't been the best sleeper. It is very normal for her to wake up two even three times every night wanting to be fed and rocked back to sleep. Which was fine when she was 2 months or even 4 months old but she is now going on 9 months old. Can you imagine not having a full night of sleep for NINE MONTHS!?!? (Some of you moms out there are nodding your heads and saying, "YES!" - I can just see you doing it.) "Just let her cry it out" you might say. "You have never heard Aubrey cry", I say to you. This sweet baby cries like the world is coming to an end. It breaks my heart and my sleep deprived brain tells me to just pick her up! "What changed?," you might ask. I'm embarrassed to admit how simple it was.... I gave her a bottle with a little bit of formula and some cereal in it before bed. I was SO SURE she wasn't really hungry that I hadn't tried this before. Well, hungry or not - it worked! So you better believe I will be trying it again tonight.

Please say HOOORRRAYYYY with me for sleep!!!!
If you are a mom that is in the same boat, I completely sympathize with you and I encourage you to try something you just KNOW won't work because who knows... maybe it will! =)

Happy Monday,
Dorean

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top