Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Special Project - Austin Photographer

I'm happy to finally sit down and tell you about my new project.  A couple months ago, while reading through photography forums, I stumbled on a thread where someone mentioned donating their time and talent to create a calendar for charity.  I loved the idea!  I started thinking about what that would look like for me and what charity I would like to support.  The natural choice for me and the first idea that popped into my head was to create a calendar for Pregnancy Resource Centers.  First of all because I LOVE photographing babies, kids, and families and second, because I felt compelled to support their work, but hadn't known where to start. 

Over the next couple of months, I felt like God really directed my steps and brought me into contact with an amazing woman named Lori.  She is the director for the Austin Pregnancy Resource Center.  I decided to step outside of my comfort zone and pitch her my idea.  She told me they had thought about doing a calendar before, but had never taken the steps to put one together.  She was in!!  Her only request was that we photograph families that had come through their center.  I loved that idea! 

A couple of weekends ago, we set up a marathon of mini-sessions to get started on our calendar.  Today you get to see the first sneak peek from those sessions with more to follow. 

Our goal is to have the calendar completed in time for the center's Fall Extravaganza on September 28th.  The event will be held at the Ut Alumni Center and Pam Tebow will be the guest speaker.  If you are interested in attending, check out APRC's website for more information.

Thanks for taking the time to read about my project and enjoy these sweet little babies!! 
What a blessing each life is!







1 comment :

Back to Top