Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What Should I Wear? - Austin Portrait Photographer

One of the most common questions I'm asked when it comes to a portrait session has to do with clothing.  I completely understand that choosing your outfit for pictures can be really difficult.  So I thought I would share a couple of things I want everyone to know when choosing their outfits as well as a couple of sample wardrobes to give you some ideas. 

FIRST - Color is OKAY.  It is not the enemy.  Color, texture, and patterns can add so much depth to a portrait.  Don't be afraid of them.

SECOND -  DO avoid very bright/neon colored clothing.  These clothes can affect the tone of your skin in the pictures and should be avoided.  I'm not talking about avoiding blue, plum purple, or light pink etc.  I am talking about avoiding bright orange, bright red, neon green.... you get the picture.

THIRD - Everyone doesn't have to match.  As you can see in the examples below, the colors are coordinated; but none of the outfits match completely.  This can add a lot of depth to you portrait as well. 

FOURTH - The MOST IMPORTANT THING is that you be comfortable and LIKE the clothes that you wear.  You are the one who is going to be looking at this picture for years to come.  This is your memory, so pick something that you will enjoy.

And remember, I am happy to talk outfits with you at any point before our session.  Just give me a call or shoot me an e-mail!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top